Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Relief

A sudden dagger stab and a twist: I wince
As a new wound is gouged.
I pluck out the offending instrument,
Press hard on the bloody rag that used to be my shirt.

My attacker - a dear friend - is crippled with grief,
Seeming more wounded than I.

The blade in my hand gleams with crimson light
And I think how just it would be
To use it in revenge...

...Yet, no.

I raise the knife and the rag to the heavens
Where they are caught up and vanish in the clouds.

Oh Lord, please help my friend be happy again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Call me Doogie. I got that nickname from making journal entries on my computer back in college... kinda like what I'm doing now. I'm a former Free Methodist and current (and permanent) Roman Catholic. I'm also a politically aware Canadian who votes Conservative. Rabid Sens fan. I am magnetically drawn to true, sharp wit, and thus appreciate Chesterton, Lewis, Churchill, Python... all the clever Brits. Got a beautiful wife, cute kids, interesting new job, filthy minivan, big mortgage, etc.