Sunday, June 18, 2006

Kreig

The rockets roar, the shells and bombs descend,
I cower in a structure all too frail.
I've had it with this war without an end.
My spirit weeps, my soul begins to fail.

An artificial silence plugs my ears,
I curl beneath a bench, devoid of nerve.
I should have known my peace was in arrears.
I should have kept my bunker in reserve.

For concrete is so mighty, and so strong!
It always kept me safe when bullets flew.
My bunker was my friend, it did no wrong.
Why did I break it down for something new?

But as I start to fall into the brink,
"This battle could be self-induced," I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Call me Doogie. I got that nickname from making journal entries on my computer back in college... kinda like what I'm doing now. I'm a former Free Methodist and current (and permanent) Roman Catholic. I'm also a politically aware Canadian who votes Conservative. Rabid Sens fan. I am magnetically drawn to true, sharp wit, and thus appreciate Chesterton, Lewis, Churchill, Python... all the clever Brits. Got a beautiful wife, cute kids, interesting new job, filthy minivan, big mortgage, etc.