Sunday, June 11, 2006

Rest

I am a child, alone and afraid
Of worries and woes that around me are laid.
I cry to the heavens, "Oh, why should I bother?"
But comfort comes quick when I'm touched by the Father.

I am a traveller, wearied and worn,
Trapped on a path lined with hatred and scorn.
Pleading for help, as despair starts to smother
But help comes at last in the arms of my Mother.

I am a liar, a scoundrel, a thief.
Ensared by my sin, and a slave to my grief.
Written off by my friends and my foes as a loss,
But salvation is mine by the blood on the cross.

I am at rest, full of hope, full of peace.
He wanted my burden; I wanted release.
Surrounded by love, by joy I'm enticed.
Wrapped up in the arms of my saviour, the Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Call me Doogie. I got that nickname from making journal entries on my computer back in college... kinda like what I'm doing now. I'm a former Free Methodist and current (and permanent) Roman Catholic. I'm also a politically aware Canadian who votes Conservative. Rabid Sens fan. I am magnetically drawn to true, sharp wit, and thus appreciate Chesterton, Lewis, Churchill, Python... all the clever Brits. Got a beautiful wife, cute kids, interesting new job, filthy minivan, big mortgage, etc.